Wetek Play

Discussion in 'KODI enabled device' started by keymaster, Mar 3, 2016.

1. keymaster

keymaster Admin Staff Member

Hi
    I bought a Wetek Play with added E2 remote as you can use E2 for Satellite and also Kodi for IPTV, this bit of kit on paper and on youtube looks like an answer to all issues, I found it a jack of all trades and master of none.
    I put unit in cupboard, where it has remained as I found it incredably buggy and although it did everything, it did none of these things in a stable form. Sorry I cannot recommend.
    Key

2. Linlin

Linlin Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for breath review KEY. I'm testing MEMOBOX MXQ Android TV Box Quad Core Amlogic S805 1G RAM 8G ROM Smart TV Box KODI XBMC full loaded Airplay ADD-ONS Pre-install, looks nice with WIFI and Android OS but unfortunately no support, take it as it is, buggy too. If I use LAN cable it has no IP address after power on the box. KODI is the only APP that works there a bit but in a few weeks after you need new system upgrade you can buy new box. The box was not expensive about 40 USD but RPI2 is much faster and stable and upgraded on monthy bases free of charge.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  3. Nakamura

Nakamura New Member

Can i ask what problems you encountered with wetek play?
    cause me brother just gifted me one, and I've been using it for a few days now, and found no issues so far.
    just asking so i can prevent it from happening to me

keymaster likes this.
  4. keymaster

Hi
    I found the packaging and accesories (inc remote) 1st class, the box looked ok, but I could buy a KODI one for nearly half the price. Please don't missunderstand I put in in cupboard in frustration nearly a year ago, so software may well be better and less buggy now , but it was that bad and support fanboys would hear no wrong I threw it in cupboard.
    The tvheadend changing from Kodi to satellite or vice verca was a nightmare and box was not even nearly ready for market in my opinion.
    Key

5. Nakamura

Nakamura New Member

Well i understand what you are saying, but indeed a year is a long time in a technology.
    my brother has one for almost half a year and found only 1 setback which the support fixed promptly.
    He bought one for me cause i liked it when i went to his house. The Kodi runs much better than run on my father in law (he has a mag something)
    I'll keep playing with it in the next couple of days, and report back if i find any problems =)
    Cheers

6. keymaster

Hi
    Please keep us informed and feel free to post any tips and tricks you have.
    Best wishes
    Key

7. Nakamura

Nakamura New Member

So far so good! i had a crash when i was installing some add-ons (piracy ones) but other than that is good!

I just spent the entire Sunday watching movies with the misses with an external hard drive with no problem at all.

I will try to watch TV with it this week and give you feedback.
    Cheers

keymaster likes this.